From Amplify Creations Wiki
1. Open AmplifyOcclusion###.unitypackage
2. After Unity loads it will display the “Importing package” window, select All and click Import
3. Amplify Occlusion should now be installed in your Unity project and it should have the following directory structure:
1. Select and apply “Image Effects/Amplify Occlusion” to your main camera
2. Adjust the intensity and radius.
3. Adjust the blur values until you are satisfied with the results.
Ambient Occlusion Control
Amplify Occlusion offers two occlusion methods, the Post Effect mode resembles standard SSAO and will apply the effect to all objects, the Deferred option preserves bright lit surfaces by injecting SSAO before the direct light stage. A debug option is also available for added scene tweaking and flexibility.
- Higher values will provide the best results at the cost of reduced performance. The default Medium value should suffice for most projects.
Per Pixel Normals
- The Default Camera value is recommended for the Post Effect method, Gbuffer/Octa Encoded available for the Deferred.
- Defines the intensity of the occlusion effect.
- Defines the color of tint of the occlusion effect.
- Defines the radius, or spread, of the occlusion effect, the blur amount is usually adjusted in relation to the spread size.
- Defines the power exponent value of the occlusion effect, it allows you to easily exaggerate or reduce the overall straighten.
- Occlusion bias, this value will directly influence which areas of your scene will display the effect.
- The cache aware option is a HBAO specific optimization suited for most scenes, recommended when using high radius values on high resolutions.
- The downsample value option provides a quick and efficient way to improve overall performance.
The Distance Fade option provides a flexible method of fading the Intensity, Radius and Power Exponent.
- Starting point value for the fade effect.
- The length of the fade effect, you can think of it as a feather effect.
- The Intensity value to fade to. Keep in mind that you will be fading from the value set in the [Occlusion Parameters] to the value set here.
- The Radius value to fade to, also from the value set in the [Occlusion Parameters].
Fade Power Exponent
- The Power Exponent value to fade to, also from the value set in the [Occlusion Parameters].
Bilateral Blur Control
Amplify Occlusion uses bilateral blur to eliminate dithering artifacts, several options are available for added control.
- The blur radius of the blur effect applied.
- Defines the number of passes used for the effect, higher values are more performance intensive.
Blur Depth Threshold
- The option defines the depth threshold value for the blur effect, directly influenced by the camera Near and Far clipping planes.
- The falloff value for the blur effect.