Unity Products:Fake Interiors/Manual
1. Open FakeInteriors###.unitypackage or import it directly from the Asset Store tab.
2. After Unity loads it will display the “Importing package” window, select All and click Import
3. Fake Interiors packageshould now be installed in your Unity project and it should have the following directory structure:
1. For reference, begin by selecting the Fake Interior shader.
2. When applying the effect to standard buildings, ensure that Y axis of your mesh points up.
The shader assumes that the Y axis is up, be sure to adjust your meshes as necessary. Simply setting the shader on a material applied to the default Unity plane will not work as the axis is not correctly setup.
1. If you have not already, select the provided shader, Fake Interiors or Fake Interiors FREE, under ASESampleShaders.
2. Add the simple room example textures located under Fake Interiors FREE/Examples/Textures/SimpleRoom to the respective shader slots (Floor, Wall, Ceiling)
3. Set the textures tiling to 1.
4. Set the Room Tile to 1.
5. Define the amount of rooms by setting the individual multiplier values for XYZ to 2 under Rooms X Y Z, Props W, feel free to experiment with different room and texture tiling amounts. Alternatively, set the individual tiler to 1 and use the Room Tile slider to multiply the amount of rooms.
The package includes a few room textures to get you started but they are entirely customizable. You could very well increase/decrease textures size, and add additional wall textures to the same file for additional varions, it's entirely up to you.
The Fake Interiors shaders is fully customizable using Amplify Shader Editor. Adding additional textures or new effects is a only a few clicks away
Make it your own!